With technology being an integral part of our daily lives, it is no doubt that the main aspect of it is productive and efficient functioning to achieve desirable outcomes. In any working industry, one expects quick responses and optimized management to deliver their products and services to the general public. Achieving this normally involves some heavy coding for software or opening a website for businesses.
But, unlike major corporations, non-profit organizations don’t have website developers, coders, and database handlers at their disposal. So how can non-profitable organizations manage to overcome these issues? Here is where the entire concept of no-code automation comes into the picture.
What are no-code tools?
No-code automation platforms aim to reduce the extensive workload on workers who do not engage in programming and are quite beneficial for this population, – marketing employees, HRs, managers, etc. This way, personnel can streamline work processes and go about their tasks without needing to study or understand any coding languages or systems.
No-code automation tools have become a pioneering force in the digital world of business and have enabled various organizations to overcome the issues of software and program development for their benefit.
Challenges for Non-Profit Organizations
Some common challenges faced by NPOs are discussed below:
- Maintenance and management of shareholders and donors.
- Maintenance and management of volunteers and workers.
- Lack of tracking system for incoming donations and working of volunteers.
- Lack of working on a common platform.
- Technological analysis of fundraisers and maintenance of statistical records.
- Coordination with government agencies that might be primary donors
There are certain platforms available that let users optimize their data handling via a no-code system such as workmap.ai. These databases help to remove the coding interface for humans to have an easier portrayal of their ideas and innovations, here is the maintenance and management of data by NPOs.
What can be automated via No-code automation?
There is a load of hard work involved in operating an NPO mainly maintenance of paperwork, funds, and volunteers. Switching to AI and helpful interfaces can reduce a lot of the tension that comes with the workload.
Various areas can be automated via no-code automation. Some are mentioned as follows:
- Web form automation: With no-code automation systems NPOs can easily streamline their web forms and speed up documentation processes along with response collection and segregation. Examples of web form automation are subscription forms, volunteer recruitment forms, donor forms, etc.
- Volunteer management: Automation of tasks and assignments helps to communicate importantly with volunteers as well as track their progress, and hourly work, create profiles and shifts and also segregate volunteers based on their tasks and skills.
- Case management: Automated systems allow NPOs to set up requests and fulfill grants to aid in cases such as keeping a tab on refugees and helping in housing, provision of food in particular sectors, or any aid during a crisis.
All database handling and management can be easily conducted using platforms like Workmap.ai. For example, American Red Cross which is famously known for its emergency aids and its non-profitable organization makes use of workmap.ai for contact management. Another well-known nonprofit, Americorps also uses WorkMap for volunteer expense management.
Why not go for MS Access?
MS Access allows users to create their applications and databases to manage their information and data by using a no-code system (GUI). Although it is accessible to Microsoft users via Windows, it is still not completely user-friendly due to Microsoft’s traditional focus on large corporations with IT experts.
Another issue that arises while using MS Access is not having shared team access to data. Since almost all business information has multiple stakeholders who need to regularly access it, maintaining and updating the data on MS Access becomes a huge pain. It’s also very restrictive that the software only allows users to work via the desktop where the application is installed. It means that you have no cloud access to your data and there is no online mode for you to work from a different place.
An alternative to using MS Access is workmap.ai which is a complete cloud-based platform and offers lucrative features required for users to create a simple and eye-catching database for their NPO. Workmap allows you to create and edit tables, relations, multiple phase data structuring, automation of assignments, web forms, reports, and many more.
Workmap.ai also offers a free trial for an in-depth experience of all the features available before applying for subscriptions. With a minimalistic UI, it is easier to understand than MS Access with a better approach via cloud storage and accessibility making it easy to work from any part of the world and on any internet-friendly device available.
No-code platforms are a great business setup upgrade which offers helpful methods to optimize the working system for data maintenance. Such tools have reshaped the way NGOs and NPOs work and have opened gates for innovations and ideas to flood in. With platforms such as workmap.ai, nonprofit organizations can have great benefits when it comes to the management and tracking of data and processes.