When you run a business, you have various responsibilities and tasks to handle. You need to be organized and find ways to simplify your workload. This is where employee database apps come in. They are software programs that help streamline your HR department and keep data organized. Using an employee database app can also make onboarding new employees faster and easier as well as reduce the risk of human error when keeping track of employee information. The best employee database apps will allow you to quickly search for specific documents, keep track of company records, manage benefits, approve time off requests, and more. However, there are many different employee database apps available on the market today. Each one has its own pros and cons, so you need to know what you’re looking for before choosing one. In this blog post, we provide tips on how to pick the right employee database app for your business.
What to Look for When Choosing an Employee Database App
An employee database is essential so that the necessary and routine activities can be carried out more efficiently and easily. However, there are certain attributes that make an Employee Database System the most efficient one for an organization to use. A few major characteristics of a good system are listed below:
- Privacy settings are installed and data is encrypted. A good database system will protect the personal and professional data of your employees from being leaked and from infringement. Thus, make sure that you choose an employee database that has multiple controls to ensure privacy.
- A user-friendly interface so that data can be accessed by anyone who needs it without any technical difficulties.
- Look for a database that can be integrated with several other databases in your organization so that you only need to update information once and it gets reflected everywhere. These include linking your employee database to consumer relations management systems and also to accounting management systems.
- To save time and manual energy, you can also use a database that is capable of performing routine activities such as printing out salary slips, performance reports, expenses, memos, etc. on its own without entering all the details and performing all operations manually.
- Keeping in mind that all businesses are different from each other and they vary in their basic needs as well, you must look for a database that is easily customizable. This will help you to mold the database into whatever you want it to look and perform like, thus simplifying your process timings.
Know Your Company’s HR Needs Before Finding The Right App
Before you go on and select the perfect employee database management system for your organization, you absolutely need to know what exactly your HR team needs in an app, according to which finding an app can become a clearer path for you. Identifying the basic needs of your Human Resources department can be challenging but here are some broad categories on which you can judge which kind of facilities and systems work best for your HR team.
- Product management – Before locking up an app for your employees, make sure that the prerequisites of the database are sufficient to manage the products and services that your firm works on.
- Services of the employee database system – Be sure of what services you want to avail from a particular employee management system. If you are looking for a database system that can handle and assist the HR team in every process such as recruiting, progress tracking, incentives, etc., you might want to select a database that is capable of performing all the tasks you want it to.
- Apart from understanding the basic needs of the HR department of your organization, you will also have to foresee the situation that is ahead for your firm. If you see your firm expanding and evolving, it is better to consider a system that is scalable. This also means that you have to consider the needs of the HR on matters such as recruitment and aiding the same using the database management system.
Which HR Software is Right for Your Business?
Based on feedback and our research, we have shortlisted a few HR software that can fit perfectly in the work environment of your organization.
Monday.com is a scalable employee management resource that can be used to assign and evaluate tasks, build reports that can be customized according to needs, and also view and analyze metrics for work assigned, completed, and penalties.
Workmap is tremendously user-friendly, exceedingly simple to navigate, and the automation functions without the slightest hint of coding expertise. Workflow tables organize your data similarly to spreadsheets, but with additional advantages. It is very simple to add new data, establish relationships between data, and use automation to alter data according to your needs. Additionally, they contain tools that allow you to link several workflows, add assignees, and create and send emails both manually and automatically.
Workday is efficient for your firm no matter if you are a small business or a large scalable business. Workday is helpful in matters like trend and financial analysis as it provides tools to do such analysis apart from dashboard tools to assist in recruitment and onboarding of employees.
This platform is one of the most wholesome employee management programs out there. It counts for attributes like employee satisfaction, upskilling the existing employees, new training, progress mapping, goal setting, and even inter exchange of feedback.
An employee database is one of the most important aspects of a business to keep records and tracks. Without a good system, it will be a trouble to set up businesses and start-ups. Thus, in this position, no-code tools and software provide a boost to many such developments and companies to work better.